Windows 11 has just been unveiled by Microsoft, and it truly kickstarts a new era for Windows as a desktop operating system. Impeccably designed with new UI elements, Windows 11 is going to be a favorite among users who wanted a minimal and clean user experience. So if you want to check if your Windows 10 PC can run Windows 11, go through our quick guide below. Microsoft has launched a small PC Health Check app that lets you check the compatibility of your PC for the upcoming Windows 11 update.
Check If Your Windows 10 PC Can Run Windows 11
As we had reported earlier, Windows 11 will be available to Windows 10 users for free, but there are a few specific system requirements that you need to check. Apart from that, we are not sure if Windows 7 users will get the Windows 11 update but make sure to go through the tutorial below to find your PC’s eligibility.
1. Go ahead and download the PC Health Check app (Free) on your Windows PC.
2. Now, install the PC Health Check app and launch it.
3. On the top, you will find a banner saying “Introducing Windows 11”. Click on “Check Now” to see if your PC is compatible with Windows 11.
4. Within a few seconds, the PC Health Check app will let you know if your PC meets the system requirement to run Windows 11.
5. If the app is saying, “The PC can’t run Windows 11”, don’t worry. Most PCs keep the TPM disabled even if the module is present on the motherboard. Boot to BIOS/ UEFI and check any mention of TPM/ fTPM. Then, enable it. Apart from that, enable “Secure Boot” as well. Now, run the app and check if your PC can run Windows 11.
6. Even if your PC doesn’t meet the minimum system requirements to run Windows 11, Microsoft will bring the Windows 11 update to PCs that meet the requirement for running Windows Insider Program. Basically, users who are part of the Dev and Beta channels will receive the Windows 11 update, says Microsoft in an official blog post. But they won’t get Windows 11 as a stable release.
Minimum System Requirements for Windows 11
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with 2 or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or System on a Chip (SoC)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Storage: 64 GB or larger storage device
- System firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot capable
- TPM: TPM Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0